Sunday, November 2, 2008

Trick-or-treat



The kids had a spooktacular Halloween this year and managed to gather 6 lbs. of candy each. We first headed to our downtown district of Turlock were most of the business hand out candy. If they are participating, they tape an orange paper in their window. This is my favorite part of the day because I can window shop and find new store downtown. I found one little handmade country store were I bought a bar of homemade almond oatmeal soup and put on my mental list a set of hand sewn placemats with matching napkins. I also came across a children's consignment store and I think I'll knit a couple of hats to sell there. Since Grandpa Ron has his apartment on Main Street above the storefronts, we were able to get treats at his house. 2 bowls of goodies waited for the kids along with a nice place to make a potty stop and rest from walking. His place is slowly coming together and is perfect for him.
Later that evening, Grandpa Ron took the kids in our neighborhood and I was surprised at how long they stayed out. I want to say it was close to 2 hours. When they returned, Ron claimed they walked all the way to Modesto (about 15 min. away from us). Overall, it was a fun Halloween, with way too much candy, and I've already eaten my share of it.

2 comments:

The Taylors said...

Your kids look cute! I am glad they had a great time!

Tara said...

My son Josh just saw this picture. He is SO jealous of the batman costume! He is playing lego batman video game as I type. Our boys would get along great! :)