Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas is packed away

We spent yesterday evening packing up the Christmas tree and decorations and when it's all gone the house looks so empty. I always hate packing it up because it means that I have to help Neil push the HEAVY boxes up the latter to the attic. Last time I was in the attic, I hurt my back. Bad memories!
We truly enjoyed Christmas this year. We spent Christmas Eve at our house with my family, lots of food, and game playing. The guest list included Mom, Jess, Geena, Chelsea, Robert and Melissa, Bev , JonJon, and Grandpa Ron. We were missing quite a few this year and we missed them. I did about half of the cooking the day before so I would have time to get ready, shower and put on makeup, for the day. Christmas day was spent quietly at home. Grandpa Ron came over in the morning for breakfast, then we had a visit by Lyndee who stayed and played for a couple of hours. It was the most peaceful Christmas I've had in many years.
The kids favorite gift this year was the Nintendo DS games that Neil and I got for them. They received many gift cards and money and the day after Christmas they spent their money on more DS games. Thank you everyone for all of the generous gifts you bestowed upon us this year. We were blessed with an abundance of love.
The kids go back to school tomorrow, I go off to work for my Dad, and Neil will return to work after a 4 day hiatus. We enjoyed our time off but we are ready to go back to work!

1 comment:

Leah said...

Our Christmas was so peaceful this year too! It was so nice. We didn't travel to Cali like we usually do. It was our first Christmas here in UT at home and it was so nice!!! Waking up Christmas morning in your own house after sleeping in your own bed all night...can you beat that? I do hate taking down the decorations too though. I always keep making excuses to keep them up longer: "The kids are still on 'Christmas' break." "I need our new family picture printed off before I can take down the old one." "I'm on vacation so I'm not gonna work hard..." Anyway, Kel, I'm glad you had a good one... go play some video games! :)