Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Alex's 1st Day of Kindergarten


Alex started Kindergarten in Mrs. Diaz's class on Monday with great enthusiasm. He acted like he didn't even want to bother with Dad and Mom and went straight to work. Mrs. Diaz asked that the parents didn't "hang around" on the first day, so prior to the first day we attended a meet the teacher day where I took pictures of him. He is very happy that he has a friend from Preschool in his class as well as our old next door neighbor on campus. Crane school has 5 Kindergarten classes as well as Headstart Preschool on the other side of the campus. Alex attends the after school program everyday for an hour, that way I can pick up both my kids at the same time. Both of their school are clear across town so I'm trying to make only 2 trips a day. Thank goodness for the new car.
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5236337943455737394"


Alex's second day didn't go as smoothly as his first. He told me he wanted to walk himself to his class, so I walked him to the gate and watched as he made the trek. He kept turning around to wave (and make sure I was still there). After he hung up his backpack, he came running back to me to tell me his shoulder hurt and he would like medicine when he gets home. I kissed him better, sent him on his way, and headed back to the car. All of a sudden I hear my darling baby's cry, "Mommy! I don't want to go to school." He was running as fast as he could trying to catch me before I made it to the car. I walked him back to class, alligator tears streaming down, and whaling like he was in agony. Luckily, Mrs. Diaz is very kind and compassionate and promptly took control of the situation and shut the door so he couldn't escape. My heart broke (but I quickly got over it). Hopefully he had a fun filled day and will want to return tomorrow.

2 comments:

skyler said...

oh my goodness. The kids are getting SO big!!! I always remember samantha as the little girl who loved to follow me around and do what i did!

Don't worry about not making it to the reception, i know it was a long drive, Hopefully i can see ya'll next time i'm in california, Christmas??

skyler said...

Oh goodness. looks like skyler is signed onto the computer. It's me, cousin lolo.