Thursday, October 9, 2008

Alex had a hard day....


Alex must of had some bad karma floating around him or luck just wasn't on his side yesterday. I got 2 calls from his school. The first one was asking me to bring him a new pair of shoes because his broke. He ripped off the back strap on his red clogs. I wasn't anywhere near home so I had to go to Rite Aid and buy him a new pair of shoes. The red ones ended up in the garbage, which was fine with me because they never fit right anyway.

The 2nd call was by the school nurse informing me that Alex had been "accidentally" hit in the face by one of his classmate, but she put ice on it and he was fine. By the time I picked him up, an hour later, his poor left check and eye were still red. I asked him if one of his friends had hit him and he told me the boy isn't is friend anymore and he had kicked him in the face...Ouch!

Later that evening....we are having dinner and I just happen to be sitting next to Alex (not always the case) and notice something little sticking out of his ear. A closer look revealed a rolled up piece of paper! I pulled it out and demanded answers, Why did you put it in your ear? (I don't know) When did you put it in your ear? (At lunch time. It was a sticker on the table) Did you put anymore in your ear besides this little piece? (Only one on this side and two on this side) That got Neil moving to find his flash light and a pair of tweezers. Neil extracted the remaining pieces. I felt we should take him to the doctor, Neil felt he got it all and they were blocked by big chunks of wax so they couldn't have gone very far. Alex was very remorseful especially after we lectured him that he could loose his hearing. In my best mom voice my final words to him were, "You don't ever put anything in your ears, up your nose, in your eyes or up your butt." (Did I name all of the orifices?)

6 comments:

Amber Szabo said...

HAHAH is it time for the birds and bees talk over at the cervenka house? HAHAH

spahrky said...

poor kid, he looked like he was going to cry when he thought he'd go deaf.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Taylors said...

Is he feeling better now?

April

horseygrandma said...

I am sitting here on the computer and nearly feel off laughing. What a day for our boy. Thank goodness he has such understanding parents. Luv Horseygrandma

Leah said...

Nice job Kellie. I doubt the little guy had even considered putting anything up his butt...but now that the seed has been planted... haha... :) This will be fun to read your blog and get to know your little family.