Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekly updates

Neil is on a motorcycle trip with 2 of his fellow traffic officers. They origianlly had planned on going to Reno but due to the weather, they went to Las Vegas instead. So far he is having a great time. Yesterday they took a trip to Hoover Dam and Neil called home from the very top. He also spit to see what it would look like! He will be headed home tomorrow evening.

Samantha has started piano lessons and is going on her third lesson. She has picked it up rather quickly and loves it. I brings me back to my own piano lesson days and how much I hated to practice! My grandma told me I would regret quiting some day. So, no matter what, Samantha will take piano for at least 2 years. After that, she can pick a different instrument if she wishes.

Alex is excelling in kindergarten and it's remarkable to see how quickly he learns. He is still in soceer, although we have missed 3 games so far (out of town, sick, and raining).

We went to out friend Nathan Wallen's 2nd birthday yesterday. The theme was balls so I made him his own football cake. I was privledged to make his 1st birthday cake as well which was a horse's head. He was having a bit of a hard time with all the people and it was his nap time.

I have my application in for a part-time job at 2 different places. One is for a teachers aide at a nursery school and the other is to be a caregiver here in Turlock. Both would be flexable and work around the kids schedules. I'll keep you updated.

Neil's dad, Ron, moved to CA from Wisconsin this week. We are so happy to have part of Neil's family here. He has offered to help with the kids while I'm working. Alex adores his Grandpa Ron and wants him to live forever in our house. Ron is looking for something close by. He is used to the bachlor life for the last 15+ years.

1 comment:

Amber Szabo said...

Wow these are some big changes for you!