Friday, September 12, 2008

September, 10 years ago.....


10 years ago....a decade ago(as Neil likes to say), was when we started dating. Oh, the memories. Can it really be that long ago? But yes, sad to say it's true. Sad is the wrong word to use. A ten year journey that started on the Internet. Neil and I met on AOL Personal Dating Ads and from the 1st date on we were stuck together like glue. We've had a wonderful 10 years, some more memorable than others. Like the years our children were born - couple vacations - family vacations - living in Napa, CA - the Airforce - buying a house - my grandparents passing - Neil working toward his bachelor degree - police academy - Alex being sick and in the hospital - me working at Safeway - Neil's job. And through it all, Neil has been my best friend, lover, goof ball, provider, and sweetheart. He has definitely earned the title of "The Best Husband in the whole wide World." I love you honey.

6 comments:

Amber Szabo said...

The internet was around ten years ago? HAHA

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Tony and I started dating 10 years ago, too.

horseygrandma said...

Congratulations to a wonderful daughter and son-inlaw. Couln't have asked for a better man for you. He's the best!!! Love mom

SusieQ said...

Wow! Ten years....congratulations! :) BTW, I tagged you - check out our blog! :)

Jenibelle said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been that long. I remember you telling me all about this wonderful guy you had met! And you're right, he is PERFECT for you. You have a wonderful family!

Kellie said...

Congratulation! In this day and age(I sound so old) sticking with and standing by someone that long is truly an accomplishment!